Lets Learn about Steve the business owner.
Steve has been involved in the construction industry for over 20 years and is the sole owner of suspended ceilings QLD. He initially started work for Laser Rite Suspended Ceilings Pty Ltd owned by his father Trevor. During the first years Steve undertook and completed his apprentiship in Plastering and interior linings. Fortunately for Steve, Trevor has an incredible work ethic and eye for detail, which gave Steve the quality base for the tradesman he is today.
During his time for Laser Rite, he acquired the skills to construct
- Suspended ceilings
- metal partition wall framing
- Drop ceilings
- Plasterboard sheeting
- False ceilings
- exterior cladding
- flush setting
- home renovation plasterwork
- tile ceilings
- custom plasterwork
- dental surgery fit-out
- express joint CFC cladding
- Prefabricated Plasterboard bulkheads
Over time he spent time working for other companies such as NWCI and Wadsworth Contracting. He also worked for numerous smaller plastering contracting businesses. This gave him the opportunity to learn many framing and plastering practices. During the time He observed many substandard work practices, which was the prime motivator to go back into business for himself. As a result he has put together the following vision and practices for his business.
- To always provide quality workmanship and attention to detail.
- To always complete work to relevant Australian standards.
- Treat customers/clients with courtesy and respect.
- To maintain a safe workplace at all times.
- To provide a substance free work environment for all workers.
- Always know that the customer has got what they paid for.
- Treat employees as valued members of the team.
- Acquire repeat business, by providing amazing service and quality work.
Steve still works closely with his father Trevor to this day and it isn’t uncommon to see them working or quoting together on site. The only things he loves more than building suspended ceilings, is spending time with his family. Other passions include mixed martial arts, BJJ and the odd computer game when time permits.